Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The opportunity to interview an older relative

If I ever had the opportunity to interview an older relative, in the goal of preserving family history. The questions I ask are well thought out and be sure my questions are not immature.knowing the fac hat this is my family's history so i want to make sure to keep it so that I can continue to pass it on. The first thing you i would do in advance for the time they are spending allowing me to question them. I would begin by asking, "where are we from?" This question will allow me to find out what part of the world I'm descending from: France,Italy,Australia. Next is "How did we get here?" This is going allowing me to learn about how my family emigrated from their country. I would ask "Why did we leave to come here?" as i do this it will help me find out if there was a war, famine, or if they emigrated just because they wanted to. As i continue i would ask,"What happened when our family first came to the United States? Did they have a reason to come here for a certain reason? Did the family start from scratch?" These questions will allow me to learn from my families struggles. I also would want to know how did my great grandparents meet? IBooks also ant to know he purpose of eir marriage if they marry because thwy loved each other or was it an arranged marriage?" I would also ask "What are some of our traditions. What part of our culture has been lost?" so as I continue qustioning i know more qustions will come to my mind and ything i wonde will gt anseqr hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment