Monday, November 1, 2010

My Personal Statement

Growing up in a world of diversity has influenced me as well as those around me. I grew up in the city of Los Angeles which is on the coast of California. In this world I have learned that life can be very inspirational and that it will put me through many things to get where I want to be.  As I am growing up I have experience many easy and harsh moments. Even though I experience many things, in the town I am growing up it has made realize that I am only me and no one can ever replace that because there is only one me.
Having to grow up in this town as a young girl, who has always lived with a Hispanic heritage with my parents and brothers have been one of the best influences I could live in life. My parents have always been strict but they have their reason to how they are because they know how life is and they have been through my life. My parents both went to school but only my mom finish and graduate with her state degree for cosmetologist. So I know for fact that I am not the first child to go to college because from my parents family all my cousin have gone to college and have completed their AAA ,BA and some there Masters.
Having to grow up in this world with my parents as parts of my life have made me the person I am. I am the type of person who can get along with anyone no matter how nice or rude the person could be. I like being a person of positively who does not let thing bring me down easily. I also never let my friend’s guide me through the wrong rode because I believe that god made each one of us to make our own choices and not let others do it for us.
As a young student school I faced a lot of challenges because I attended a school that did not benefit me in any academic way. So from there I transfer to a better district that had better standards and had the opportunity to become a better student. At the end I was able to attend high school. The most difficult way that I have challenged myself in high school is by being strict with myself. A way that I would be strict with myself is that I wouldn’t attend parties if my school work was not finished. It was hard to give up parties and having a good time with my friends, but I had to do it because I knew grades were more important in the long run. This to me was the most important challenge I brought upon myself because to me, self discipline is what makes the difference between average and great students, because in college you will need self discipline to accomplish many goals.
The high school I attend is not very big, but it has made me realize that my main goal is to go to college. My school is an honors school that has now become charter because of its high academics. Now that my school is charter it has made me focus more in to going into college. Which makes it the first steps to a successful future and that’s something I want to obtain. In order to accomplish the challenge to get into college, I have done many things to get myself prepared throughout high school. One of the challenges I have imposed on myself to get prepared for college is not procrastinating. All this made me prove to myself I could be somebody in life who could always dream of traveling to other countries and pursuing my dream of becoming an FBI agent.
Some of these experiences these experiences have taught me the correct way to cope with friends and others have taught me the value of my education. During my time in school I have challenged myself greatly. I know that all these different types of challenges have prepared me fully for college. Now I’m not intimated by what college will bring because I am confident that I can handle it. I have the discipline, the multi task abilities, and the confidence to do so. College is the first step to a successful future and that’s something I want to obtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment