Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Personal Satement

     “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same” (Unknown). Having an old friend move away is hard because I know you won't have that person around anymore. Having my best friend Elizabeth move to another city affected me a lot because I wasn’t going got see her as often like I used to and I wouldn’t have a lot of communication with her. She is unique she isn’t like the average friend you can you find anywhere. Having her as my friend is something that I will never duplicated with no one else.
     Elizabeth is one and a half year younger than me, and we get along like if we were sisters because we would always put up with each other. We would have our fights, we have our moments, we have our memories and we love each other sister rather than just best friends. When I found out that she was going to move to another city was a big impact for me as well as for her because we dint want to leave each other. Having to find out this news was a big disappointment. This occurred after we had graduated from eighth grade before our summer started. Having to deal with the distance of where she lived was already bad enough, now knowing I was not going to be able to see her until her family would bring her over to my city.
       Having to find this out before my summer made ever a big disappointment because I didn’t want to let go of her she my sister, my best friend, she my family. I didn’t want to see reality because I didn’t want to look at the fact she was going to leave. When the day arrive of her leaving it finally hit me that it was going to be our last day time together and saying goodbye. At that moment we both busted out in tears because we were like family to each other and I didn’t want her to move. As he left we both had the feeling that it was going to be long until we see each other. So what she plan without me knowing is that she made a tradition to come every of my birthdays. This has helped us stay positive about our friendship.
          Now, thanks to technology we now communicate through the telephone, email, instant messaging, text messaging and through webcam. Throughout these past years I’ve kept a positive mentality that soon my birthday will come and I will be able to see her. Now the only memories I have to rely are on pictures of us of when we when we would spend time together. Even though it makes me sad, deep inside I stay positive and I pull through. I know having this disappointment is hard for me but I know that I have gotten use the fact that so far away and that I won’t being able to spend time with her like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment